100 YEARS Founded Under Presidency of Rabbi Dr. Bernard Revel. Dr. Solomon T.H. Hurwitz appointed Principal. Officially known as the "High School Department of the Rabbinical College." Located at 9-11 Montgomery Street, it was the first academic high school in North America under Jewish auspices. MORE Dr. Shelley R. Safire appointed Administrator MORE Chartered by NY State Board of Regents MORE First Graduating Class MORE The Elchanite Founded Official Yearbook of MTA. Originally established as a literary annual. Senior pictures were introduced in 1923. MORE MTA Moves to 301-303 East Broadway MORE RIETS undertakes conducting the Teachers Institute in conjunction with the Mizrach Organization of America The Teachers Institute students transferred to Talmudical Academical where they received their Jewish teachers' training in the morning (using Hebrew language as the language of instruction) and their secular education in the afternoons. In 1922, RIETS took over the Institute completely. MORE 2540 Amsterdam Ave. Cornerstone Placed MORE High School Building Dedicated Bidding Farewell to the building on 301 East Broadway. MORE Yeshiva College Established MORE Academy News Founded MORE Dr. Samuel Belkin appointed President of Yeshiva University MORE Brooklyn Talmudical Academy (BTA) Founded Located at 1060 President St. MORE Central Yeshiva High School for Girls Founded in Shaare Zedek Synagogue, Kingston Ave. MORE Central Moves to 2301 Snyder Ave. MORE BTA Moves to 2270 Church Ave. MORE Mr. Norman B. Abrams (’26), RIETS administrator, begins oversight of MTA MORE Second Girls Branch Opens 462 West 58th St. MORE BTA and Central Brooklyn Branch move to 1277 East 14th St. Both schools still maintain separate buildings. MORE Rabbi David Weinbach appointed Principal MORE Dr. Norman Lamm appointed President of Yeshiva University MORE Manhattan Central Moves to 425 Fifth Ave. MORE Central Brooklyn Branch is Closed MORE MTA named Marsha Stern Talmudical Academy Yeshiva University’s High School for Boys was officially renamed The Marsha Stern Talmudical Academy – Yeshiva University High School for Boys in 1980 when Stanley E. Stern ’56YUHSB, Vice-Chairman of the Yeshiva University Board of Trustees, gave the school a major gift. In appreciation, Rabbi Dr. Norman Lamm, who was president of YU at the time, renamed the school in honor of Mr. Stern’s wife, Marsha a”h, who passed away in March of 1979. MORE BTA is Closed MORE Rabbi Marvin Spiegelman appointed Principal MORE Rabbi Dr. Michael Hecht (’57) appointed Dean MORE Richard M. Joel (’68) appointed President of Yeshiva University MORE Rabbi Mark Gottlieb (’87) appointed Head of School MORE Rabbi Michael Taubes (’76) appointed Rosh Yeshiva, Dr. Seth Taylor promoted to Principal, General Studies MORE Rabbi Joshua Kahn appointed Head of School MORE Submit a Milestone Event Please submit an event (with a picture, if available) that you feel should be added to the timeline. Milestones deemed fitting will be added to the timeline. Milestone Title*Date of Milestone* Milestone PhotoAccepted file types: jpg, gif, png, pdf, psd, tif.Milestone Description*PhoneThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. This iframe contains the logic required to handle AJAX powered Gravity Forms.